Monday 8 October 2012

When Life Gets In The Way

   I had great plans for writing this morning. Start of a new week, start of a strict new writing regime that would have me editing in the morning and writing my own stuff later in the day.
   What happened? Writing was thwarted by that evil thing housework. Yes, the shower needed cleaning and the carpets needed a quick vacuuming, the kitchen floor needed mopping and the only thing I have had to time to write is this!
   It's nearly time to walk the dog and pick up some pills from the doctor's so it's hardly worth  starting anything before lunch. BUT this afternoon WILL be different. I WILL do some real work.
   Oh, I am so looking forward to December when I will desert the dog and the man who pays the bills and have three whole weeks to myself somewhere where the sun shines and the sky is nearly always blue. With only myself to worry about I can eat when I want, sweep the cool floor tiles before I hop into bed without worrying about a vacuum cleaner waking the neighbours as I do my housework in the middle of the night. The only mess made is by me, so I can't complain or worry about having to clean up after anyone else.
   I know I shouldn't wish my life away, but roll on December!! 

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Hope the sun actually does shine for you.

    ReplyDelete